January 31, 2017
Love is blossoming here at Amaranth, and so is our love for Reishi!
Since February is a month for love and heart health, we have whipped up these delicious chocolates with tons of heart healthy ingredients.
Reishi has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for over 5,000 years. Here are some of its main benefits:
- Promotes heart health, improves blood circulation, balances blood pressure and fights diabetes.
- Reishi is an Immune Modulator – the perfect mushroom for this season to help battle viral infections, the common flu and lung conditions such as bronchitis and asthma.
- Improves liver function and detoxification – for all those who enjoyed Christmas and the new year as much as we did, you might want to add this mushroom to your cleanse routine.
- It is an adaptogen that has been known to bring mental clarity and spiritual healing – “bringing you out of your head and into your heart.”
If that is not enough reason for you to indulge in these delicious mushrooms – we have added it to chocolate to ensure they will be tasty and get that blood flowing (one of the main benefits of cacao). Cacao (aka unprocessed cocoa) is extremely high in antioxidants and helps protect us from the cardiovascular disease so adding it in with Reishi and a bunch of other super ingredients makes this recipe a turbo boost for your heart.
The brands we used in brackets, but feel free to use any of your favorites.
3 Tbsp- Powdered Reishi mushroom (New Earth Organics)
1/2 cup- Coconut Oil (Nutivia)
3 Tbsp- Cacao Butter (Giddy Yoyo)
3/4 cup- Raw Cacao powder (Giddy Yoyo)
1/3 cup- Raw honey (Amaranth store made honey)
1/4 tsp- Himalayan sea salt
Last but not least… a dash of LOVE!
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and keep a glass bowl on top.
2. Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil in the glass bowl.
3. Next add the honey till all is combined.
4. Sift in raw cacao powder and stir until smooth consistency
5. Add in Reishi mushroom
6. Pour into silicon molds (we found some cute heart shaped holds at the dollar store).
7. Top it off with a pinch of Himalayan sea salt to bring out those fabulous flavors!
Mush Love from all of us at Amaranth